Brownie Biscotti

I like to compare biscotti to men. There is the Lemon Poppy Seed version...a zesty, tasty variety that is always faithful (aka:Hugh Jackman). Then there is Gingerbread Biscotti...warm, spicy, yet sweet, and endearing(Hello, Dr. Luca, be my love slave) . When you need comfort, Caramel Pecan is there to soothe your soul (Jon Bon Jovi....***singing to me, "I'll be There for You"). Last but not least is the Brownie Biscotti. It is the perfect combination of simplicity and complexity all rolled up into one big chocolatey, drizzled slice.

Many men may vie for the spot, but I save this one for my husband. He IS dark and brooding, and moody at times. He does things sometimes that make me think I am in the twilight zone...and standing alone. (Fond memories of all my kitchen gadgets hanging from about 30 cup-hooks one day after work). NICE. But then comes the drizzled part. The part where he looks at me in the morning (sans make-up and brushed teeth) and tells me I am more beautiful now than I ever have been. Or when I am wearing camo pants and a do-rag and he tells me how sexy I look (the 4-inch stilettos apparently doesn't have that effect).

I guess in this day of failed marriages, I will take as much Brownie Biscotti as I can get. Variety IS the spice of life, I always say. I may occasionally make the Lemon Poppy Seed or Gingerbread, but the Brownie Biscotti is the mainstay in my cookie jar.

Brownie Biscotti
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cups flour
1/3 cup cocoa
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup of nuts (today I used pecans, toasted)

Preheat oven to 375°. Grease or line cookie sheet with parchament paper.

In large bowl, cream butter and sugar till smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla.

Combine dry ingredients, then stir into creamed mixture. Dough will be very stiff. Mix in chocolate chips and nuts.

Make into 2 loaves (approx. 9 x 2 x 1). Flatten slightly. Bake for 15 minutes, or until firm. Cool to the touch.

Slice diagonally, then bake each side for 6 minutes. Cool and drizzle with milk and white chocolate.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Comments

Anonymous said…
Girl, I thought I was looking in a mirror when I scrolled down to your picture. Seriously, the biscotti looks deeeeelicious! Keep 'em coming. No baking here 'cause Jeff and I both have baby weight to lose. Haha.
Anonymous said…
These do look delicious Wendy!!I can remember one of the first itmes you made biscotti. It was so good dunked in tea or coffee. Not a good idea to try biscotti a few days after getting braces.AHHHHH!! Painful. Thought it would taste like yours, not!!
Nothing quite equals things you create .
You better find a house close to me or else!!
Kimmie
Anonymous said…
Just a recap on that last posting of mine.
Must clarify that the biscotti I tried after getting braces was at Starbucks in Starbucks and was gross. Not yours, never!!
Kim
Anonymous said…
Starbucks in Halifax. Sorry just getting going this morning, a little groggy.
Kim