Turtle Cheesecake

It's a birthday thing. Cheesecake, that is. Whenever one of my friends have a birthday, it is MANDATORY for the rest of us to take said person out for dessert and coffee. This time it is at my house, and not a restaurant.

What could be more perfect than a silky smooth Turtle Cheesecake, complete with whipped cream and the elusive caramel sauce?? My friends and I have this ongoing thing about the Caramel sauce...we have decided that we would eat almost anything, as long as it had a cup of caramel over it. I mean, come on...we allllllllllll love our chocolate, but inside all of us is a Caramel Queen just waiting to come out. ***Going to put on my tiara as we speak***.

So, over cheesecake and coffee, the oohs and ahhhs follow the silence of the first few bites. The sound every cook likes to hear. The laughs and antics that transpire during the course of the evening would entertain even the most somber of people. It is wonderful to have friends that you feel so at ease with, friends who understand and listen to you. A true friend is one who tells you your cheesecake is the best they have ever eaten, without you having to pay them to say it!! LOL

So, as I sit with my tiara and my scepter, I hereby give thee the power to take that KitchenAid and bring forth the multitudes of cheesecake.

One final note...although the cheesecake IS divine....it is all about the Caramel Sauce. **Getting off my throne now**.

Turtle Cheesecake
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ingredients:

Crust:
  • 1 3/4 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted

  • Filling:
  • 3 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened (I use light)
  • 1 can (14 oz.) Sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 3 large eggs
  • 3 tablespoons lime juice
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups (9 oz.) semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
  • 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
  • Directions:
    PREHEAT oven to 300° F. Grease 9-inch springform pan.

    FOR CRUST:
    COMBINE
    crumbs and butter in medium bowl. Press onto bottom and 1 inch up side of prepared pan.

    FOR FILLING:
    BEAT
    cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk in large mixer bowl until smooth. Add sugar, eggs, lime juice and vanilla extract; beat until combined.

    MICROWAVE 1 1/2 cups morsels in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Stir 2 cups of cheesecake batter into melted morsels; mix well. Alternately spoon batters into crust, beginning and ending with yellow batter.

    BAKE for 70 to 75 minutes or until edge is set and center moves slightly. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; run knife around edge of cheesecake. Cool completely. Sprinkle with nuts and mini morsels. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove side of pan.

    Serve with Caramel sauce, whipped cream and decorate of course, however you are inspired to!!



    CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPE

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    Comments

    Wanda MacDonald said…
    I agree....and not just because I am her little sister....this cheesecake is prolly the best I have EVER eaten.

    To die for....literally.

    And the caramel sauce is a must. Although I have to say that caramel sauce would make s**t even taste good!
    Anonymous said…
    yezzzzzzz, it does look soo creamy. What I would do for a piece of your cheesecake Wen.!!
    I am feeling like crap and a piece of that and a cup of tea would be divine.I will have to co-erse you and Wandie into making one when you come out in March.
    Wendy Kennedy said…
    We might be able to arrange that....lol!!!
    Unknown said…
    GIRL! This looks SOOOOOOO yummy! I come to your blog just to drool!
    Anonymous said…
    OH Queen Wendy(WHO THE HELL IS MARTHA?) Welll why didn't you say it was "light " cream cheese?? I would have had two pieces. I hope the HERBAL MAGIC people are not reading this or I'm in big trouble! IT WAS TRULY DIVINE!!
    You can't see me but I am bowing to you!!
    Laura
    AnnAussie said…
    Mega-drool! OMG how delicious does that look? I must try this recipe one day soon. Wendy you are the queen and king of desserts, babe!

    PS - I see you have put your pic on the bottom of the site ..... singing ."You are soooo beautiful........"
    Wendy Kennedy said…
    Oh Anne....***blushing***
    Unknown said…
    I think I am in love with you girl! You ROCK!
    Anonymous said…
    Wow Wend your just too awesome!! All your dishes are so delish! Gonna be making a bunch of your dishes. Going to make them about 1 a week just so we don't start to gain too much too soon!! lol

    NYDL
    Anonymous said…
    Wendy, This is FANTASTIC!!!
    I put on 5 lbs. just reading the recipe & looking at the pics- but
    it is soooo worth it!
    Enjoy your stories as much as the
    recipes. Keep it up- we all need
    some sweetness in our lives!
    Colleen