Oreo Cheesecake Truffles

There was a sale....I had to go. The Culinary Closet was calling my name...**le sigh**. Such a nifty little store. I feel like Carrie, with my head on a swivel, upon entering the store. Oh I am possessed all right. With dreams of Kitchen Aids, new spatulas and whisks, gourmet quality pots and pans. The list is endless.

I blame the Food Network...I mean SOMEONE has got to take responsibility for this. I know the seed was planted long before TFN and The Culinary Closet existed, but now it just makes sense to let them take the fall for it.

This little store is in our closest town, Antigonish. I hadn't been there for a while but it was so nice to browse there. I walked through the store, doing PLEN-TAY of ogling...what should I buy, what should I buy?? I spied on the top shelf a retro looking oil drizzler. I mean come on...Giada has one, I want one too. Now it sits on my counter, looking all spiffy and of course very retro. Yep, I will be swirling the Olive oil ever so nicely now. **Must make stir-fry tomorrow**.

I see all kinds of stuff I really don't need. There are pot scrubbers, more silicone spatulas, casserole dishes I should have, drink shakers, glassware, parfait spoons, aprons and garlic presses. Having a Romper Room moment here, but I also see a cool whisk stand (must have one of these!), pepper mills galore and several dozen flavored peppercorn varieties.

So, around the store I continue...I see the bake ware section. There are a gazillion Wilton tips, so I abscond with a couple nice large ones, for the perfect whipped cream swirls. Also in this section are the most fun-looking cupcake sprinkles. I gasp....I MUSTTT have them. I snatch them off the shelf...it was the last bottle...SWEET! Then I see it....$15.95....never mind. My cupcakes aren't THAT desperate.

So, with my hopes slightly dashed, I continue on. Then I heard angels singing, I swear. The lights were shining down from heaven. Oh wait, there actually ARE lights shining, but on the counter. I turned around and there they were, all lined up like short little fat Smurf-soldiers. A glass display case with one of my favorite things to make...Truffles!! I read the descriptions, and checked out each and every flavor. They looked divine!! So I picked a decadent looking one to give to my sister for a little treat.

Of all the flavors though, there were no Oreo Cheesecake Truffles. Not to dis the CC's truffles, but these truly are little mounds of joy! So smooth and creamy and hard to believe the ingredient list. I am sure Mark Gabrieau will be calling, begging for my recipe.

Oreo Cheesecake Truffles
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 bag of Oreo Cookies
1 8 oz. block of cream cheese, softened ( I used light, like it matters...NOT!)

Put the entire package of Oreos in food processor and pulse until it becomes a fine cookie crumb consistency.

Mix in cream cheese, scraping sides a few times, until well blended. I refrigerate for a couple hours at this point. Using a melon baller, make into balls and place on waxed paper lined cookie sheet. I quick freeze the balls for about 15 minutes at this point.

Chocolate Coating:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
About 1 inch square of parafin wax, cut in small pieces for easy melting
1 bag of chocolate chips (used 1/2 semi-sweet, 1/2 milk)

Melt parafin wax in double boiler over low heat. Add chocolate, stir till melted. Dip balls in chocolate. Put on cookie sheet to harden. I put these in the fridge to harden. ***Add any toppings: white chocolate, extra oreo crumbs, cupcake sprinkles, anything yummy!!**

***I store mine in the freezer and actually I prefer to eat them right from the freezer. Just like mini frozen cheesecakes!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh, those look divine Wen!!!!! Such talent not to be harnessed.

**dialing Culinary Closet now**

Superb! Can't wait to taste one! You better sneak some on the plane for Friday!
Wendy Kennedy said…
I think that could be arranged.
Nesa said…
wen you have outdone your self again! you really should be a pastry chef
Unknown said…
You are evil to the core woman. :) I love you but I'm glad I don't live near you. I'd weigh 500 pounds.
Anonymous said…
Hey Wendy...

well my sista I've tried these truffles with the oreo cookies and I experimented with 3 other kinds... There was a sale on Hershey cookies (which were covered in chocolate) York, Peanut Butter and Caramel... they all worked great and each one a favorite for a different family member.

I divided the cream cheese and figured out how many cookies to use per half batch. I think I made around 9 dozen.

I sent them to Port Hawkesbury and on a trip with an aunt...

The hardest part is dipping them... other than that they are so easy to make and you look like a total hero to your company!

Gloves are off now... I'm making these for Christmas gifts and for our Christmas chocolates. The possibilities are ENDLESS!

Thanks for sharing sista, You're the best!

Love Tishie xo
gneral said…
يصعب أحيانا علي ربة المنزل أن تقوم بأعمال النظافة وحدها وخاصة في وجود أطفال أوانشغالها بعملها، وتحتاج إلى من يساعدها في انهاء مهام التنظيف، وأحيانا تمر عليه اوقات مناسبات أو عزومات وتحتار فيمن تقدم لها يد المساعدة، لذلك “شركة التقوي” تقدم لها كافة الخدمات المتميزة من أعمال التنظيف والترتيب والتلميع وتنسيق المنزل، ونقدم خدماتنا بكل أمان ودون قلق من استقدام الخادمات للعمل والقلق وعدم استئمانهم علي الممتلكات، فنحن شركة متميزة لنا باع طويل واسم وخبرة رائدة في مجال النظافة والتنظيف، نضمن لك خدمة متميزة، وأسعار خاصة، وأمان تام من أكثر شركة تنظيف المنازل.
شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض

شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض

شركة تنظيف سجاد بالرياض
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالرياض

شركة مكافحة حمام بالرياض
شركة تخزين اثاث بالرياض
تقدم شركة التقوي خدمة مكافحة حشرات بكافة أنواعها الطائرة والزاحفة، وكذلك مكافحة القوارض، للمنازل والشركات والمصانعو لا ننسي خدمة مكافحة الثعابين والزواحف ضمن خدماتن
ا
خدمتنا مميزة في هذا المجال وبرنامجنا في المكافحة مطور بإستخدام أجود أنواع المبيدات الحشرية الآمنة وننفذه بطريقة علمية علي
أيدي خبراء مدربين علي أعلي مستوي وبعد المكافحة نقدم برنامج الوقاية اللازم لضمان جودة الخدمة المقدمة ولضمان عدم وجود أي
حشرات مخبأة أو في أماكن التوالد غير المرئية
مع خدماتنا المتميزة لن تقلق علي مصنعك وأجهزتك ومعداتك ولن يخاف أبناؤك من الحشرات أو القوارض بعد اليوم
. اتصل بنا وتعرف علي عروضنا المتميزة المقدمة من شركة التقوي للخدمات المتكاملة

شركة رش مبيدات بالرياض
شركة جلي بلاط بالرياض