Pudding Cookies

Who doesn't love an old standby?? Like your favorite pair of jeans that just refuses to die, or a book you have read 5 times and still it fascinates you enough to read it again.

I still have favorites to this day. Some I will NEVER give up. A HUGE piece of home made bread, warm from the oven, with molasses. Or chewy chocolate chip cookies that just make almost anything right. Or chatting with your best friend on the phone for hours, talking about nothing you can remember after you're off the phone. You simply enjoy the conversation, albeit trivial or intellectual.

I think I have lucked out in the best friend department. My best friend's name is Laura, and I have to say that she has always been there for me...she has been my standby.

We have been best friends for 15 years...maybe more. The very first time I met her was in the dressing room at a hockey game. Both her husband and mine played hockey, so the women went to chat it up where it was warm. The first words out of her mouth were something to the effect about how men all belonged in a commune somewhere...I knew then that she was my kind of girl. I do love my husband, but there have been a few moments that the commune had sounded pretty good...lol.

Over time we became best friends, with many antics and tales stored in our memories. We could really talk about almost anything from clothes to recipes to men for hours without fail. To this day we have not had a fight about anything...only over who was paying for whose meal when eating out.

Laura has been there for me through thick and thin. There were some days that I was so grateful just to have her to talk to. She really is the most generous person I know, too. She has always gone out of her way for me...so much more than most friends do. She helped me out when I needed it, in many aspects.

Laura is fun, spontaneous, beautiful, humorous and kind. She would never hurt a flea. I think if one were dying on her carpet, she would be down on her hands and knees, trying to resuscitate it by blowing through one of those coffee stir sticks into it's miniscule mouth. Really.

I do consider myself lucky to be her friend. I think we all need someone in life, separate from our families (whom I love and adore), to share things with. Laura is my chocolate chip cookie. Without her, my life would be just an oatcake.


Pudding Cookies (aka: chocolate chip cookies!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
INGREDIENTS:
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix (I use chocolate, pistachio..whatever you feel like)
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups semisweet chocolate chips(mix it up, add white choc, skor bits,peanut butter chips, etc)
2 cups chopped pecans (optional...use what you want)

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.

**I tend to under bake mine a bit for a chewier cookie**

The best thing about this recipe is that it makes a ton!! I always freeze one container for later consumption.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well, well, well........ what do we have here?
Lookin'good Wen. Slurp, smack, drool!!
My, how one of those puppies would be so comforting right now. Nuttin' better than a choc chip cookie warm and chewy from the oven. MMmmmm!
I will be whipping up more biscuits today. About the 10th batch I have made since last week. They love them at school.Some of the teachers and kids have never tried a hot biscuit.
I get to make them at school as well. Got to love my job. What job do you get to bake at on the side.
The teachers love the smell of fresh baking. Made sugar cookies for Christmas and they all come flocking down to kitchen.
Forgot one pan of cookies this one time and went back to classroom. Got caught up in art project we were doing .
The secretary comes ripping in to our class . "Did you leave something in the oven?" Cripes.
the lower halls of the school were black with smoke. Thankfully they only have heat activated smoke alarms. Snicker. I was a bit embarrased to say the least. I was the going joke of the town for the next few weeks. oh well...
School buses cancelled today , so I do not need to go in. Yehaaaaaaaaa!!
Road to trecherous for bus drivers to travel on. rAQUEL WILL NOT BE THERE SO i GET A SNOW DAY!!
Get to stay home and look at my horsie. John got me a new halter for her . It is sort of a turquoise color with bling on it. Glass diamond shaped things .. Too hot I tell ya. Bling for horses!.
Well keep the posts coming wendy.I look forward to them so very much. Keeps me grounded with home. I am closing my eyes right now and I will be whisked back to your kitchen.Sniff.
Toodles for now. Luv ya lots.
Sista Kimbo
Anonymous said…
Will we see any of these at the reuion?
Unknown said…
Oh goodness you've really got the bakers touch Wend!! Those cookies are just delish!! YUM!